Why Uganda Should Be Your Next Travel Destination In Africa
A small east African country offers visitors of all ages and experiences some of Africa’s best and most unique safaris and wildlife experiences.
Uganda offers a variety of activities, including gorilla and chimpanzee safari options, Nile River explorations, fantastic birding and abundant wildlife in national parks and reserves. Uganda has something for everyone!
There are many highlights to Uganda safaris. One of the most popular activities is gorilla tracking. Uganda is home to more than half of the world’s mountain gorillas, and visitors have a chance to see them in their natural habitat. Chimpanzee tracking is another popular activity, as Uganda is home to the largest population of chimpanzees in Africa. Safari goers can also explore the mighty Nile River, photograph the spectacular Murchison Falls and view wildlife in Queen Elizabeth National Park. A diverse and exciting safari destination with something for everyone awaits!
Uganda Safari And Travel Highlights!
- Mountain Gorilla trekking
- Chimpanzee safaris
- Lush and tropical volcanic mountains
- Adventure activities on the Nile River
- Murchison Falls and Murchison Falls National Park
- Exceptional wildlife and birdlife in the Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Lake Victoria (boating and fishing excursions)
An excellent destination for safari and photography enthusiasts.
Many different types of African safari are available, bird watching and wildlife photographic safaris, river cruises, white water rafting, fishing excursions and canoeing expeditions of the Nile River and Lake Victoria through to gorilla and chimpanzee trekking.
Uganda is a small country by African standards, and getting around while on safari can be challenging at the best of times. The most popular way of getting around the country is via road-going safari vehicles that all depart Kampala or Entebbe. The road network close to the main cities is good but does fall apart quite quickly when in the more rural areas. Rural roads and tracks can be bumpy and potholed, especially during or after the rainy season, so 4×4 vehicles as standard.
Private chartered flights are available as a more bespoke safari option for those who want and need to maximise their time on the ground. There are also numerous airstrips and small airports throughout Uganda, making it easy to plan fly-in safari options should one desire.
Getting into the country is much easier than expected; direct international flights fly directly into Entebbe International Airport daily, and hourly regional flights from Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and even South Africa.
To make the most of your Uganda safari adventure, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Gorilla and chimpanzee trekking permits are limited daily and are relatively expensive; checking the availability of permits is one’s first port of call when enquiring. The rest will fall into place once the permits are secured.
- Don’t forget your binoculars! Uganda is home to an incredible variety of birdlife (especially in summer), and you will have the opportunity to see species you may never have seen before.
- Be prepared for a range of weather conditions. Uganda experiences temperatures that vary from very hot to quite cool, so pack accordingly.
- The rainy season runs from April to October, so bring along a raincoat or poncho.
- For all travellers, no matter the age, a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required.
When travelling to Uganda, there are several accommodation options to choose from. From luxurious safari lodges to smaller, more intimate safari camps to more extensive hotel/ resort type options. In Kampala and Entebbe, large hotels are an option or, should one desire, a whole host of small boutique guesthouses on offer. There is certainly something to suit everyone’s budget and style.
All accommodation options are available throughout the country and are all located within or just outside (short driving distance) all national parks and attractions.
The travel and information guide below offers tourists some of the best safaris and wildlife experiences in Africa. Enquire and book your safari holiday today and explore everything Uganda has to offer!
BOOK YOU TOUR WITH US NOW.