Uganda released a tentative phased reopening schedule for all its land borders and the resumption of international passenger flights to Entebbe International Airport, effective 1 October 2020.
Open for international travel
Health screening & COVID-19 protocols on arrival
- Provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in your country of origin, issued within 120 hours of departure for Uganda.
- Undergo temperature checks and health screening on arrival.
- Wear masks, maintain a social distance of 1.5 metres (5 feet) where possible, and practice good personal hygiene.
- Arrive at the airport at least four hours before their scheduled flights.
- Present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result, issued within 120 hours of departing from Uganda.
- Undergo temperature checks and health screening.
- Not required. Passengers who exhibit signs and symptoms of an infectious disease will be transported to an isolation centre for a COVID-19 test. Results will be available within 24 to 48 hours. If foreign nationals test positive for COVID-19 and wish to be repatriated to another facility outside Uganda, they can do so at their own cost and according to COVID-19 medical evacuation protocols.
Airlines flying into the destination
- Turkish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Kenya Airways
- Ethiopian Airlines