At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Travelers showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be tested upon arrival and required to quarantine until results are in.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Flights from India are suspended.
– This does not apply to humanitarian, medevac and repatriation flights.
2. Passengers arriving from Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Turkey, USA, United Arab Emirates or United Kingdom are subject to a PCR test upon arrival.
– This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate stating that they received the last vaccine dose and are asymptomatic.
3. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 120 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than 3 years.
4. Passengers and airline crew are subject to medical screening; and
– could be subject to quarantine.
Detailed Tourist Information
Entebbe International Airport re-opened on 1 October 2020. Land borders have also re-opened. New COVID-19 standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place for arriving and departing passengers.
On arrival at Entebbe International Airport and at land border crossings, travellers will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued no more than 72 hours before boarding the aircraft. Airlines have been directed not to allow passengers without a negative test certificate to travel. Foreign national passengers who arrive without a valid negative test certificate will be denied entry.
Starting March 1, 2021, the Ugandan government started a phased reintroduction of in-person classes for all school grades.
Restrictions imposed by the Ministry of Health include allowing gatherings of no more than 200 persons provided masks are worn and social distancing of 2 meters is followed.
Cinemas, gyms, and massage parlors have been permitted to open while casinos and gaming centers are restricted to operating between the hours of 6:30am to 7:00pm. Bars and dance halls remain closed.
The curfew (2100h-0600h) remains in place. Motorcycle taxi (boda boda) drivers must cease their movements by 1800h.
Request for a free safari quote