This wildlife safari road trip will take to Kidepo Valley National park which has some of the most amazing scenery in Uganda. You will find almost no tourists leaving you free to enjoy the park and its unique savannah and wilderness. Kidepo Valley National park is famous for its lions relaxing on the rocks. With luck, you will spot cheetahs. Besides game drives in the Narus Valley, you can go for a guided bush walk with an armed ranger.
Day 1 – Transfer to Gulu
Today at 7am, your guide from Gorilla Link Tours will pick you up from Kampala. You will begin your journey to Gulu- the Northern part of the country. No planned activities for today, however you can take a walk around Gulu town and explore the vibration town and learn more about the day to day lives of people.
Day 2 – Transfer to Kidepo Valley NP – Evening game drive
Today after breakfast, at 7am, you will be transferred to the most remote national park in the Uganda, Kidepo Valley National Park. Later in the evening, you will go for a game drive through the Narus Valley where you will see herds of buffaloes, elephants, giraffes, zebras and hopefully some lions, leopard and the elusive cheetah. Besides there are the many birds you might find along the way. You will experience African Wilderness with no crowds.
Day 3 – Full day safari game drives
Today after a very heavy hearty breakfast, you will go for an exciting game drive across the savannah, mountains and pure wilderness around you. You will see lots of animals. You will have a game drive to Karankorog with lots of wildlife on the way. You will come back for lunch at the lodge. After lunch in the evening, you will go for another game drive a long the Narus Valley, which is the prime area for wildlife. Expect to see lots of elephants, huge herds of buffalos, lions, and may different types of antelopes. You will come back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4 – Cultural tour -Transfer to Gulu
Today after breakfast, you will go for a cultural tour to the Karamajong people to learn about the proud tribe and how they have refused most civilization. You will have an experiential visit with them, see their homesteads and also the kraal’s where their cattle are kept. You will be tranfered back to Gulu with en route lunch at Kitgmu hotel.
Day 4 – Transfer Back to Kampala.
Today after breakfast, you will transfer back to Kampala.
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinks(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
Terms & Conditions
- This tour is not available to solo travelers.
- Rates are per person and exclude the international flight from/to your home country.
- This tour must be paid in US Dollars (USD).
Rates Per Person
|Solo1 room||2+ peopleSharing rooms|